Monday, December 12, 2011

Kingdom Characters Today

Are you a "Solomon"?  How about a "Saul"?  Which "Kingdom Character" are you?

The same "characters" that we see in the kingdom of Israel we see in our churches today.  God put the pieces in place in Israel's time for success, and they blew it (badly).  We have those same pieces in place--the same strengths, the same weaknesses.

How do you maximize your strengths and avoid the pitfalls that took these Israelites down?  How can you help others achieve their potential?

It begins with knowing where you fit in.  Which "character" are you?  Take the quiz, and then take your place...

Listen to this episode


Download this episode (right click and save)

See the quiz after the jump...




Kingdom Characters Quiz


1. In the body of Christ, I consider myself part of…
A. the heart
B. the eyes
C. the mouth
D. the hands

2. When something needs to be done, I am seen…
A. casting the vision
B. weighing the options
C. rallying the troops
D. leading the charge

3. People look to me…
A. for encouragement
B. for advice
C. for leadership
D. to get things done

4. Sometimes I’m accused of being…
A. dramatic
B. overly analytical
C. shallow
D. manipulative

5. People would most likely say I have…
A. a good heart
B. a great mind
C. impressive talents
D. street smarts

6. I am most satisfied in church when I…
A. worship
B. learn new things about the Bible
C. exhorting, speaking in class, or leading a group
D. working on a project with visible results

.7. I sometimes try to justify my sin by saying…
A. “It was just an emotional reaction”
B. “I wanted to know what it was like/what would happen”
C. “Everybody expected me to do it”
D. “It’s the only practical thing to do”

8. People would call me…
A. a visionary/a dreamer
B. a teacher
C. a leader
D. a worker
9. Sometimes I alienate others by…
A. my unfiltered words or actions
B. giving unwanted advice
C. trying to please too many people at once
D. my need to protect my turf

10. It seems I most easily see…
A. Where and how we must trust God more
B. What is right and fair and just
C. How my actions affect what others think of me
D. Strategies for accomplishing goals

11. When I mess up, it’s usually because…
A. I just do what I feel like doing
B. I think I’m smart enough to get away with it
C. I give into peer pressure
D. I’m trying to get ahead

12. I am most likely to describe myself as…
A. Genuine, open and honest
B. Insightful
C. Charismatic
D. Loyal

13. I am most likely to be described as…
A. artistic
B. intelligent
C. charming
D. reliable

14. I can damage my close relationships by…
A. failing to confront important issues
B. being hypocritical in my actions
C. acting out of insecurity or jealousy
D. trying to control others

15. When I make an important decision, I…
A. pray and search my heart for the answer
B. study God’s Word and/or other resources
C. survey the opinions of advisors and other people
D. think about what would work best and act

16. Clichéd advice I might receive is…
A. “idle hands are the devil’s playground”
B. “curiosity killed the cat”
C. “beauty is only skin deep”
D. “Those who live by the sword will die by the sword”

Scoring...
...count up your 'A' answers for your 'David' score
...count up your 'B' answers for your 'Solomon' score
...count up your 'C' answers for your 'Saul' score
...count up your 'D' answers for your 'Joab' score

No comments:

Post a Comment